An easy and tasty homemade salsa recipe that is both fresh and healthy. Great for parties of two or four.
- 3 plum tomatoes 🍅, diced
- 1 lime, squeezed (I like my salsa super tangy, so start with 1/2 lime, and see how you like it).
- 1/4 cup of cilantro 🌿
- 1/4 cup of white onion 🧅, diced.
- 1 teaspoon of salt 🧂(more, if you’re okay with it)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 spoon
- Measuring cups/spoons
- A big bowl
- A small bowl (for your powders)
- A volunteer to taste your concoction.
Instructions: Start dicing the tomatoes until they’re small, like chiclets or teeth. Then dice the onion into smaller versions of that. Grab the cilantro and finely chop it up so they look like tiny flakes. Mix them around. Let these ingredients sit with each other while you grab the salt, pepper, chili powder and mix them in a separate bowl.
After that, squeeze the lime juice into the bowl with tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Once mixed, add the powdered ingredients and mix some more. Voila!
I made this salsa during a family gathering, and there was a lot of seafood surrounding me. Even though I’m not a fan of seafood, this salsa goes really great with oysters and shrimp. It brings out the taste (I suppose) and really puckers your lips.
If you’re like me and don’t eat seafood, snag some chips to eat it with, or add black beans to make it into a nice dip.